Is it possible to send a quote to clients without impacting sales?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi, I am a store using Shopify for over 4 years, we send a lot of quotes to our clients from our POS, the way around sending these quotes has been to provide a discount we called quotes that gives 100% discount. We need a better system that does not impact our sales and discount. Please let us know what we can do?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
440 23 63

Hi, there

Dallas here from the social care team.

I may not fully be understanding what it is that you're trying to do, however, if you're trying to send a quote it might be best to send a draft order. This will allow you to give your customer an invoice before they pay for the products. They won't be charged and inventory won't be taken out of your products.

Does that sound like something that you would be interested in utilizing?

If so you can create a draft order by going to your Store Admin, selecting Orders > Draft Orders > Create Draft Order. You will then be provided with the option to add the products that they are wanting to buy as well as the price that you're considering charging them.

If they decide to go ahead with the purchase, the invoice will take them to a checkout where they can purchase the items right there. This will then make this draft order an official order.

However, if that option is still not what you're looking for then you will want to look into an app. There're a few quote apps that may be just what you're looking for. An app called Quick Quote is a good option (http://bit.ly/2vKGBcB), but Qteedy (http://bit.ly/2PN7kyo) has a free plan that is available too!

Do either of those options look like they would work for what you're wanting to do?

Best, 

Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes