Latest update caused changes to interface interaction

Explorer
58 0 16

The latest update has made it so when on the PoS you search for an item, and want to add mutiple it no longer works. So say in the search box you look for widgets. You then want to sell 3 widgets, in the past you could just tap that button 3 times.

Now when you do the same order, once you click the item once it cancels out your search and you end up adding other items to the order.

This has caused delays in checkout for us as we are having to remove unwanted items and then click on the wanted item and adjust the quantity.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
92 0 2

Hey Cory,

I can confirm that this issue was introduced in our 3.0 release. Our next update to POS will fix this and restore the behaviour you're expecting.

Product Manager at Shopify
0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 3

There are other issues.

25% of the time I can not get to the payment screen.  I tap the total dollar amount bottom right and it does nothing.  I have to double tap my home button, swipe my app closed, re-open, and then it will work.  There is a bug in there somewhere.

ALSO the ability to look-up inventory was removed for the online store customers.  This was not a feature listed in the "Retail Package" so I assumed it would still be left in there for the rest of us.  But the ability to tap and hold and then access inventory numbers was a fantastic update a few weeks ago that has since been taken away from us (and again - not listed as one of the retail package features when I inquired about what functionality would be lost when I changed my plan).

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
92 0 2

Hi Ian,

The issue of a non-responsive total button is another item we're fixing in our next release. :-)

Inventory lookup by long-pressing on the item in the product grid should still be working, regardless of subscription to the Retail Package. While the fullscreen view of product photos and descriptions however is part of the Retail Package, the below is a screenshot of how inventory can be looked up without it.

Product Manager at Shopify
0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 3

Thank you Carson, I didn't see that since only some of my items have inventory tracked. Thank you. 

As far far as the unresponsive total button - glad to see its being fixed.

with future updates - perhaps this POS forum would be a good place to list any changes made with new releases (such as a change to the inventory lookip

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
53 0 15

good suggestion.  Where can I find changes implemented so we know and also can tell staff.

0 Likes