Looking to update pos, and take in jobs virtually.

Tourist
4 0 0

We own two jewelry stores and are looking to update our pos systems. We currently take in repair jobs and write info on a job ticket about the job and the person who left it with us. We are in search of a way to record the job to where it can be pulled up at any time and also give customers a section to sign saying that the jewelry is theirs, they'll pick it up etc. We also are looking into possibly having them leave a deposit on the job. Can Shopify POS system do that of is there an app out there we can add to it?

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0

I need something where I can take in repairs write notes on the repair, have them sign that they left their item. We also do custom things, lay away, and need a way to keep track of things like this.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
137 8 20

Our company has soon to be 6 retail locations, and process a heavy amount of repair jobs. In-house jewelry and watch repairs, outside manufacturer repairs, custom jobs, etc. We are considering using Shopify POS as our new front-end POS, although it lacks true job repair handling. We need to have an audit trail of who all has handled a job, what stage in the process it's in, where all location-wise the job has been, etc.

We use Advanced Retail Management Systems (www.armsusa.com) for back-end inventory management and repair job tracking. Integrated into Shopify POS, so the customer's repair job number with its costed payment due is just another Shopify POS product for the customer to purchase. In terms of a cloud-based POS solution that has some repair management functionality, I'd suggest looking at Lightspeed Retail (www.lightspeedhq.com). While their repair module doesn't really granularly track repair jobs, otherwise it's pretty solid.

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 0

Thanks for the feedback! So if something sells either online or through your store how do y'all update it on the backend? Do product quantities update automatically or do you have to manually go in to arms and update it yourself?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
137 8 20

We have things integrated where one system updates the other. Via API hooks.

1 Like