Missing POS sales

Highlighted
11 0 0

Me again.

So we've had some issue with our internet connection in our shop of late.  Sometimes we get the very slow connection and the Restart/Cancel option - if we hit restart this allows us to complete the sale and provides us with a #1-#### reference instead of our (currently) four digit reference.

On Tuesday we had three transactions which struggled to through in the standard way. They were processed 'offline' as it were, with the 'restart' option.  They all went through as they all produced a receipt.  

When we've come to reconcile the till the following morning, those transcations don't seem to have synced with Shopify and do not pull through on our dairly POS report.  My colleagues can see they are 'unsynced' on the app, but in order to get the iPad to properly reconnect to WIFI again we have to restart it. Once we restart the iPad the transactions are gone,  There's no record of them anywhere, so our till is up and we have no record of those sales.

What has happened?

Can we get this information back?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
287 0 15

Hi, Louise!

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. 

From my understanding, the internet connection does seem to be affecting the app, however, I would like to cross off a few things first and I'd like for our team to look into this with you. 

Could you please make sure that the POS app and your iPad's IOS software is up to date? The POS app had a recent update around the 24th of November, which could be affecting the app if it hasn't been updated. I would also recommend enabling your iPads automatic update feature as shown here.

It looks like you are resyncing the app no problem, but I would recommend forcing the POS app down completely and re-opening the app after as well. 

If you can not see the missing orders back in your admin after the above steps have been completed, could you please send us a POS app report as shown in this guide? If you send a report, please let me know and I'll raise this further for you straight away. 

Is this the only error you have experienced with the app recently? Or are there any other bugs that you would like us to look into? 

Thanks a mill,
Ted

0 Likes