My requests

Excursionist
15 0 5

1. Loyalty program built in, with support for physical membership cards.

2. Outlet based pricing. For example outlet1 may sell the same item at a different price to outlet2.

3. Staff permissions. Staff should not be able to change settings. And if they are working in outlet1, they should not be able to see what has been sold in outlet2.

Otherwise very happy, great software.

Thanks,

Cam.

http://www.badworkwear.com.au

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
20 0 4

Hey Cam,

Zack here, one of Shopify's Support Gurus! Thanks for submitting your feedback :) I've got a couple comments on your requests, but otherwise, I've submitted them to our development team for review! 

First, a loyalty program app will be available very soon for the POS system, as we're releasing a new version of the POS system that comes with the ability to embed apps into the POS. One of these will be a loyalty program, although I do not think physical membership cards will be supported. More information on this subject can be found, HERE.

Next, while I agree that the option of being able to restrict staff from seeing sales at other stores would be nice, the reason this exists is so that if a person wants to return something that was purchased at outlet1 to outlet2 (because they're restricted for whatever reason to visiting outlet2), then the Order Overview can be used to do exactly this. 

I've passed on all three of your requests to our development team, but I also wanted to comment on them and let you know where things stand in regards to your requests :) there's no general way of getting your second request to work as you'd like to (other than to simply discount products at outlet2, as needed), so I've passed on that request in full, as well.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!
-Z

0 Likes
Excursionist
15 0 5

Thanks Zack!

My reply to that.

Great news about the loyalty program. However as I'm sure you are aware, physical card support greatly increases the number of customer sign ups, and how often they use the program. I believe it is 20% without a card vs 90% with a card. Perhaps shopify could even make money selling these cards..

Ideally if the staff enetered the sales number the sale would appear, as being able to refund cannot be affected. Just not having everything visable to them at any time, is more-or-less the ideal change. So for example while viewing the orders tab they only see sales assigned to that outlet, however if they entered a sales number it could bring up the sale from another outlet for the purpose of redunding it.

Yes you're right there is no workaround for the second suggestion, however for most multi-store retail it is a mandatory feature. For example I have 2 retails stores that are still not using Shopify POS because they are my clearance stores (constantly lower prices, same products).

0 Likes
Excursionist
15 0 5

Hey it's been 6 months or so since I posted this. Wondering if any of these requests have been considered.

0 Likes