New order sound notification

Tourist
4 0 1

Hello everyone!
I don't know if this is a right place...I hope so :)
I would suggest to Shopify inserting an audible notification type CHA CHING when a new order arrive... it's a great satisfaction to hear, like the sound of a cash shop.
What do you think?
Thank you 

Giovanna

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
339 0 48

Hi Giovanna,

That's amazing! I really like your spunk - it's definitely an exciting thing to receive a new order notification. I can absolutely pass your feature suggestion along to our developers!

If you have a phone or other mobile device you're actually able to do this! If you download Shopify Mobile, you will receive notifications right on your mobile device when you receive an order.

Alicia | Support Lead for Shopify
0 Likes
1 0 2

Hi there,

Would you please consider a way to change the notification sound for an order? While I appreciate the "cha-ching" sound when I'm by myself and receive an online order, it's kind of embarrassing and sounds very greedy when it's a face-to-face transaction. I'd like to have another sound that still means, "Yay, new order!" without anyone else knowing what it means.

Thank you.

2 Likes
1 0 0

Hallo guys, 

Is there a way to turn this of ? or change the sound ? t

thank you !

0 Likes

Let me know if this is not exactly what you want but at the company where I currently work we launched a new product and wanted to set up sound notifications for each new Shopify order on our TV dashboards in the office. That way everyone was engaged in celebrating the early traction the product got!

Seeing how painful the set-up was I developed a web app called Gleebeam to help setting such notifications up. Let me know if this is something you also find useful. Here's a blog post I wrote about setting up Shopify new order notifications with Zapier and Gleebeam. It's possible to add sounds to these notifications in the template editor.

★ Automate custom TV dashboard notifications → gleebeam.com
0 Likes
3 0 0

Did you ever find a resolution to this?  I also agree that disabling the sound is a good idea.

0 Likes