Online store - POS integration problem.

1 0 0

Hi all,

I'm looking to set up a Shopify online store linked to an entertainment venue using Shopify POS. The online store will sell event tickets and special food+beverage and entertainment deals, which can be claimed by the purchaser at the venue. I envision that the purchaser would receive an e-receipt of their purchase with a unique barcode, show their receipt at the venue on smart-phone or printed copy, which would be scanned by the employee to be brought up in the shopify POS system and marked as fulfilled once received. 

I'm having trouble figuring out how to go about getting unique barcodes attached to each e-receipt so that the purchase can be authenticated when claimed in-store without being replicated. Can anybody offer any suggestions or help on this matter?

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
202 0 24

Hello Anthony,

you could sell those event tickets and other deals as gift card from within your Shopify store, but currently you can't redeem those gift cards from within the Shopify POS. However this functionality should be available soon.

Otherwise you would have to use an external system to create and verify the barcodes. There might be an App available within the Shopify Appstore which provides this functionality already. Alternatively it is also possible to develop such an integration.

HJ

0 Likes