Out of Stock item can be sell on POS

4 0 0

I need your help,

how can I set up to don't check out product that is Out of Stock in the POS Application.

I want that automated the app doesnt permit to the staff to sell products that are Out of Stock in the Application

Do you have any idea?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
238 0 22

Hey Edgardo!

I'm Daryoush - your friendly neighbourhood Shopify Guru! :)

I can definitely understand you would to implement a way that prevents staff members to sell out of stock products via the Shopify POS. I'm afraid there is not a way to do this, because even though there is a notification on the POS for out of stock products, they can still technically be sold. I'm going to reach out to our POS team about this to see if there is a workaround, and once I hear from them, I will reply again to this post. Thanks so much for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,
Daryoush

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
238 0 22

Hey Edgardo!

I spoke to our POS team and they have stated there is currently not a way for the POS to stop selling out of stock products. The POS app was built to have a product feature specifically allowing overselling, so that a customer in-store with a product does not have it taken from them by the cashier if the product was already sold online. It's better to sell the product in-person than to sell it to a customer via the website. However, please let me know your view on this and I will send your feedback to our team.

Cheers,
Daryoush

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I think that we need to have the option to set or check the option.

A sell it's a sell, we will have the issue that a member of the staff by error sell in the store one item that it's separate to a online order.

Or by error press and sell something wrong to the client.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Is there any update to this?

Restricting items from being sold when out of stock on POS should be a no-brainer option and this function is already built-in to the online interface. 

Is this is in the works?

0 Likes