POS APP VERY SLOW TO PROCESS SALES

Shopify Partner
31 0 7

These intermittent slow processing issues persist for us. Even when doing cash transactions we sometimes get this.

0 Likes
Excursionist
29 0 7

Shopify is beeting around the bush with this problem . 

They keep asking me to send videos of the checkout process. 

Not or sure why they don’t use the old completely online checkout. Prior to version 4.6

Shopify PLEASE 

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Technology should be simple enough for anyone to use.
0 Likes
Excursionist
16 0 23

The POS system just gets worse and worse. The recent updates are so buggy and we are losing customers at checkout due to the system taking unnecessarily long to process transactions. 

All this and now the POS transaction numbers are the same as the online transactions and it's showing abandoned carts from POS transactions and randomly emailing customers shipment fulfillment notices despite the fact that they purchased their product in store. 

If you have no interest in running a proper POS then perhaps open the door to a partnership with someone who specializes in it.

Or is the plan to make a pro model POS for top tier pricing? 

Let me guess - plenty in the works on the roadmap coming our way...

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

I saw Square process a card and it's crazy fast. Hope Shopify can do this one day. Their register also opens the cash drawer instantly, whereas Shopify takes about 4 (very long while a customer is staring at you) seconds to open. Would love to see this improve.

0 Likes
Excursionist
15 0 5

Just so shopify is aware. The issue is still present.

Previously Shopify POS would process the sale and print the recipt immediantly, THEN push the sale into the cloud. So everything happened relatively quickly.

However this has been changed to now the recipt only prints once the sale has been psuhed into the cloud, which significantly slows down the sale process for the customer.

This is a major issue. Please fix asap.

0 Likes
Excursionist
16 0 23

Nothing quite like awkwardly staring at a customer while you wait 30 seconds for the drawer to open and the receipt to print.

0 Likes
3 0 0

This is the only issue preventing me from migrating to Shopify POS. Such a shame, but with constant lines at the registers, I don't think I can afford even one second of delay.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 4

We are experiencing the same thing, the app is at least 1/2 speed what is was since we upgraded last week. Adding a new customer is very very painful it's so slow. I'm stalling for time by talking to the client while I try to wait for it too work to put through a transaction. The responses in this discussion thread from Shopify are the same as they are for 98% of the things reported to Shopify. Nothing is wrong it's operating as it should. 

Time to take thoughts on the software to social media, if enough people did that they might listen they have shareholders to listen to, if enough people say something in public spaces the shares will drop in value and it might make them listen. Otherwise it will be more of the same we complain they placate us with non-answers but no results.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 8

I've actually got an update from Shopify Support on this issue: 

"There are some issues with slowness since we switched to using the checkout API for POS a few months back. Reports have since followed of slowness at checkout and with the cash drawer. There is no solution to this yet, but its on the roadmap."

Does anyone else feel that it shouldn't be on the "roadmap" in the first place? This should be a major TOP priority for the Point of Sale and Developer teams. 

So annoying!

1 Like
3 0 0

Robert, do you still have contact with the Shopify Support agent who issued this statement? Given that their roadmap isn't public, is there any possibility they might provide a target timeframe for addressing this issue?

0 Likes