POS Crashing Constantly

3 0 0

I recently updated my iPad software and updated the Shopify App. Running on an iPad 3 or later. 

The POS crashes constantly. Pretty much after every button touch or when we go into a menu. I checked the memory on the iPad and there is more unused than used. We've closed the app and restarted, we've shut the iPad down and restarted. Pretty much everything short of deleting the app and re-downloading, which I'm hoping to avoid. 

Customers have been patient, but it's Friday in our coffee shop and it's normally our busiest day, traffic-wise. I can't have this crashing with every customer. 

Any tips or solutions would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
20 0 4

Hey Samuel,

Zack here, one of Shopify's Support Gurus! Your issue sounds quite debilitating, and we would love to get you some hands-on support for the issue. We can be reached by phone at 1-888-746-7439, or open up a Live Chat by visiting our Support Page:

http://docs.shopify.com/support

In terms of tips I can offer you right here and now - uninstalling and reinstalling are two of the oldest tricks in the book. We'd need to take a deeper look into it to offer any other solutions, or attempt to resolve any issues that might be taking place on our end. 

From what I can tell, you're in the clear now, but let me know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Kind Regards,
-Zack

0 Likes