POS + Mailing List?

Tourist
24 0 1

Is there a way with the POS to use ask customers if they want to be on the mailing list or a way to use their email for that?

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 27

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the question. Definitely, you just toggle on "Accepts Marketing" when adding the customer in the POS app. Is that not working for you?

0 Likes
Tourist
24 0 1

Andrew, 

where is that option? I haven't seen it.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 27

3rd screenshot: http://docs.shopify.com/pos/operating-pos/cart/associate-customer

You can also click on the customer in the cart after they have been added to see this screen.

Hope this helps,

0 Likes
Tourist
24 0 1

Andrew, thanks for the help. So I have to create a customer every time someone buys something? I don't currently do that. 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Justin, attaching a customer to the sale is optional.  You can add a customer by tapping the Add Customer button when you are adding items to the cart, but you do not have to.  You can checkout without selecting or adding a customer.

0 Likes
Tourist
24 0 1

Would you recommend "add a customer" when I do a sale or is that just time consuming?

0 Likes
1 0 0

Is there a way to make it ask the customer if they want to receive the online newsletter when they type in their email address for a receipt on the POS app? I don't create customer accounts for each order in store but most customers are happy to type in their email for a receipt. Seems time consuming and asking too much personal information before I even ring them up....

0 Likes