POS Staff Permissions settings - Has this been fixed with update?

2 0 0

Thanks to the team for looking into this!

One point to add: let's say I'm a "POS-only" staff member. I don't have permission to access Admin, which is good and the way it should be. However, if I had bad intentions and wanted to steal/modify data I could still do so pretty easily. All I need to do is to guess the 4 digit pin of a manager account. With one manager account the chance of guessing correctly is 1/10,000, with two it's 1/5,000... and it seems that I have an unlimited number of trials to guess! Even if I'm unlucky at guessing, I'll get into a manager account within hours and then I'll have direct access to Admin. 

Suggested fix: 

- you could eliminate the PIN login for Manager accounts as managers can simply use the already built-in "Manager Login" form (email plus password)

- or you could just entirely eliminate "Open Admin" option from within the POS, there's no real need for it

- to address the sales privacy issue people are complaining about here, you could limit the "Orders" view to only show sales processed by the logged-in account (be it a manager or a POS-only account) 

Would be awesome to see this changed, Shopify POS rocks!

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 3

Brad, Im in the same boat as you and many! This has been brought up a long time ago and still SHOPIFY has gotten no where with it.  I essentially have a POS sitting here as a paper weight.  Have you heard anything back (I havent) or have you explored a different route for your POS needs?

Please let me know! 

1 Like
Tourist
8 0 3

I don't understand why this is still an issue months later. I feel the longer I am with Shopify the less happy I am but the choices are limited so I am hoping Shopify has an update soon as I know Square has addressed the issue.  Store owners I know who use Square can give their employees only access to how much cash is in the draw so they can close out properly.  Employees do NOT have access to any revenue! 

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 3

And when I had ShopKeep I was also able to give employees certain permissions.  So I can't see that is difficult to develop if other competitors do it.

0 Likes
2 0 1

How Hard is it to just setup the POS user as a low level user the same as the web portal.

Sort it out GUY. This should be an easy workaround.. Please.

0 Likes
2 0 1

Guy,

Can you please tell me why my POS only users can not just be setup to be an enitial login? MAKES IT HARD AS YOU ALWAYS NEED A FULL ACCESS USER TO DO THE FIRST LOGIN?

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 3

Any update on hiding revenues from staff?????????????????

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 3

Wow I Can't believe this hasnt been addressed yet, such a basic feature to limit staff from seeing company overall revenues.  

Im currently trying shopkeep as a trial, so far so good.  Staff cannot see any previous financials, only sales for the day.

I suggest anyone else who is looking for this feature to try the shopkeep trial.

1 Like
Tourist
8 0 4

Hey James,

How does revenue access work with multiple locations? Do staff members see all location sales for the day, or only  their own locations?

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi Digi,

Im not quite sure, I only have 1 location at the moment.  Call the shopkeep team.

0 Likes