POS Staff Permissions settings - Has this been fixed with update?

Tourist
8 0 3

I had a temporary 2nd location and as long as the location is uniquely set, you can only see the revenue from that specific location.

And I am also still waiting for a setting for my employees not to see total revenue only the cash they need to count at the end of the day...

2 Likes
Tourist
8 0 4

Hey Regina!

What do you mean by "uniquely set"? Because that sounds like the answer to my prayers. I can just make each sales person a "location" and everything will be separate.

And to confirm, when you say the user only saw the revenue for that location, do you mean that the "orders" panel only shows orders from that location? What about customer data?

If this is true, it's a massive improvement. The last time we tried, every location saw every order for the entire shopify store, online and POS, basically they saw exactly what you would see in the order panel when logging in to the admin online.

2 Likes
Tourist
8 0 3

I don't have my IPAD in front of me but if you go into the APP and go to settings I think its under location. I had a 2nd location (farmers market) and it only tracked the orders and sales of that location while my brick & mortar had orders from there so from the back office I could see the total but each location only saw what they each did.  Does that make sense?  But they still see everything from their particular location.

0 Likes
Excursionist
29 0 7

This is an important matter in any business .

Cant believe you guys havent address this.

We still struggle everyday with refunds

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Technology should be simple enough for anyone to use.
2 Likes
1 0 3

+1.  An appalling oversight by Shopify which needs to be rectified as a priority.  Confidentiality of company revenue data is a fundamental requirement of any organisation, large or small. I'm sure Shopify doesn't share detailed revenue information with every one of their employees.  Why they think its ok that their customers are exposed in this way speaks volumes.

3 Likes
1 0 0

Has there been any update to this issue? I have been trying to find a workaround for almost a year. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Guy 

This is a show stopper allowing any 16 year old kid to view our ENTIRE Business ( POS And ONLINE ) from day one.

We are seriously looking to migrate to Brava as this is HUGE impact that every one sees the sales of other locations and can get demotivated,,,,

0 Likes
Excursionist
29 0 7

Hi 

As many will agree with me Shopify is not interested in POS as only focused on ecommerce. 

The only thing included in updateds for months now is bug fixes. 

Shopify has not been involved  hands on in business and so they won't know the problems business owners . 

Shopkeep a iPad POS which in looking at changing to is runned and owned by a business owner who understands the problems business may face . 

Regards 

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Technology should be simple enough for anyone to use.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
19 0 5

@Gavin, actually we default to open internally at Shopify.  We start by trusting everyone with all information, and that's worked out so far.  That attitude is probably reflected somewhat in our product.

Having said that, we need to tighten this up.  

To start with, we're beta testing a simple setting on the device that limits access for non-account owner users.  More on that asap in January.

0 Likes
3 0 0

@Guy,

Awesome news on a possible beta test!  Do you have an update on this feature?  We're new to Shopify, and being able to limit employee permissions on POS is something we'd love to see.

0 Likes