POS Update - Printer not printing.

Excursionist
16 0 22

It's been 6 days since the Shopify POS update that made our receipt printer stop working. 

Customers expect receipts for their purchases and although some prefer email there is a large portion of people that would prefer a physical copy. Staff are also unable to print daily reports for their cash out at the end of the evening further complicating our workflow. 

When will this be fixed?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 41

Hey, @Walter_Manning!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your receipt printer after the most recent update. Can you confirm the exact model number of the printer that you have, please? There is a label that's typically fixed to the underside of the printer. This label shows the:

• model range (TSP100)
  • serial number
  • power rating
  • model number (100IIILAN or 100USB).

Once I have these details, I can help troubleshoot further and we will get to the bottom of this for you.

Speak soon! 

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
88 2 10

We are just testing Shopify POS, and ran into the same thing. One Star TSP100III printing via Bluetooth from a single test iPad. Printed to it fine for weeks. After a Shopify POS update on the iPad the printer isn't seen anymore. Although I can browse and see it listed on the iPad itself as a BT device. And can connect to it from my iPhone. Since we are just testing things out I didn't worry about it too much. If it was necessary for production that'd be a different story :( 

0 Likes
Excursionist
16 0 22

Model TSP100

Serial 230091004238 C

Input 100-240V 1, 4A 50/60Hz

100IIILAN

This information was given over the telephone via Shopify Support by one of my staff members. We need our printer operational as it's a key component to a functional POS system.

ALSO - the opening of the cash drawer is an issue. We were having to go to the settings page to open it. It now works only as a no sale but does not open for cash transactions. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

We are facing the same issue.  Receipt printing for all my shopify POS is not working suddenly . I have 6 locations .  We have to open and close the printer drawer on the mpop to get the printer connected after each transaction.  Please look into this urgently to solve the bug.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 41

Hi, there!

I have just spoken to our retail team and they advised that there was an issue with the most recent update but our engineers have pushed through a fix. This has been resolved in POS App v5.31 which has just released to the Apple App Store. 

To check to see if you're POS version is up to date, go to POS > Store > Support.

If it requires an update, check the app store on your device

If updating the app does not work for you straight away, then you will need to reset the printer and connect from scratch. For mPOP printers, when resetting you will need to enable Auto Connection. We have a guide from our help centre on that here.

Here are some steps to reset the system:

• Hold down the power button on the iPad for a few seconds and a prompt will appear to shut down the iPad with a swipe; do this.
  • Wait 5 minutes, then press the button again to turn the unit back on. While it is rebooting, turn off the Bluetooth Printer using the switch on the side.
  • Once the iPad reboots to the desktop, open the Shopify POS App and turn the printer back on. If the pairing is correct, this should force the devices to communicate again and a prompt will appear saying the Receipt Printer is connected.

Resetting Network settings is another good step you can take. When the hard boot does not work, you can try to reset network settings on the iPad. A side effect of doing this is that all the Wi-Fi settings will also be cleared, so you might have to rejoin Wi-Fi networks.

Here's how to reset network settings:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Navigate to General >Reset.
  3. Tap on Reset Network Settings.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing any difficulties! 

Kind regards,
Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

My App is up to date and it still doesn't print. It says it's connected and cash drawer opens, but no printing. This is ridiculous. The app updates should not break function and/or require different hardware. Fix the App!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

I have this issue with the last two app updates with the MPOP - it constantly disconnects the bluetooth connection preventing printing receipts and operating the cash drawer.  The most recent update now causes the app to crash when processing transactions. We have to manually kill the app and relaunch it, then it will work for a short time before disconnecting again. PLEASE fix this!

0 Likes
Excursionist
16 0 22

We were able to get this back up and running.

The App update alone did not fix our issue and we therefore had to delete Shopify POS, reset the network which the printer was one and then reinstall the app. That worked for us and there hasn't been any more issues with this. 

1 Like
1 0 0

We are having this issue as well (among other issues since the update):

We have 2 terminals, and both are dead in the water as far as being able to use the receipt printers.

We have done ALL updates, all troubleshooting techniques and tricks, etc, but nothing is working for us.
The printers we are using are: Star Micronics TSP650II BTi 39449871 Bluetooth Desktop Receipt Printer  
(We even have back up printers in case any of them die, and none are working. They worked perfectly before the update.)

0 Likes