POS app better used in landscape or portrait?

Excursionist
45 0 5

Hi all,

I'm looking to setup POS for my retail and at one-off design markets etc (I'm based in Australia).

I've been looking at the Heckler Design stand for a full size iPad and thought I'd see if the POS app seemed to work better in portrait or landscape orientation?

I also hope to use the iPad for customers to signup to my Mailchimp email newsletter (as well as when customers make a purchase).

Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas would be most appreciated. I'm also interested whether an iPad can be charged whilst it is in the stand?

Cheers

Matt

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
64 0 13

Hi Matt,

Here are answers to your questions:

Shopify POS is only designed for a landscape orientation of the iPad.

During the customer checkout, you can add the customer to your store and select whether the customer wants to accept marketing material. Afterwords, you can use the Shopify MailChimp app or pull a list of these customers directly from Shopify. See more about this here.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Excursionist
45 0 5

Hi David,

Thanks for the prompt reply, that answers that then.

Signing up at checkout makes complete sense, though I'll also be using the iPad to get the details of browsers or visitors rather than just those purchasing so I'll switch to the Mailchimp signup app (it's called Chimpadeedoo if anybody wants to have a look) in between using it as a POS (I hope this login/logout process is pretty easy?).

It'd be great if Shopify added an email signup page as like a screensaver so it could do both from within the same POS app :)

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
232 0 27

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the questions, just to jump in here:

Signing up at checkout makes complete sense, though I'll also be using the iPad to get the details of browsers or visitors rather than just those purchasing so I'll switch to the Mailchimp signup app (it's called Chimpadeedoo if anybody wants to have a look) in between using it as a POS (I hope this login/logout process is pretty easy?).

Yes, this is 100% doable. The login/logout process is very quick.

I'm also interested whether an iPad can be charged whilst it is in the stand?

It definitely can be.

0 Likes