POS discount codes?

Tourist
8 0 1

Does "in the works" = go away? This is been sitting out there for awhile and seems like an obvious no brainer to me. You need to also have the daily sales in the app reflect the discounts ($2000 in sales does not equal $1600 after discounts, makes this feature worthless, it might be showing collected taxes too which does not help either)

Fine Art Landscapes - Sawusch Photography - USScenics.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
14 0 0

As a point of interest we're about to integrate bnkle - brick & mortar search with discount offers so you can track a customer searching and finding your products with bnkle and then coming into the store and buying. Anyone have any recommendations of preferred discount or loyalty systems?

https://apps.shopify.com/bnkle

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
31 0 7

Are one-off discount codes still not supported for the iPad? We're looking at moving to Shopify POS but this will effectively kill that. Each admission to our museum comes with a scannable, one-time $2 off coupon usable at the end of your visit for merchandise. Our current POS system handles that. What I'm gathering is that even with custom coding I can't create a one-time discount code via an API call when the admission transaction takes place and have that code be usable when the customer checks out at the end of their visit.

0 Likes
Explorer
44 0 17

There are apps that integrate with POS that are able to apply discounts on the fly.  For instance, our loyalty program app stores the customer and discount eligibility information in their own database and when executed on the POS, calculates and applies the discount to the order.  I believe this is being done entirely without Shopify discount codes.  This same app also works online where the customer can redeem their reward for a discount code, but that discount code can only be used online and not on the POS due to Shopify currently not supporting discount codes on that platform.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
31 0 7

Based on the email we received late last week, it would appear that discount codes are now going to be universally available in Shopify POS by the end of the month. If I'm not mistaken this feature was already available to Android users. This update should include iPad (and maybe even iPhone) users. Has it been deployed out to anyone's stores yet? We are in the process of evaluating new POS systems and have about 7 days left available before we must commit.

https://help.shopify.com/manual/sell-in-person/transactions/cart/discounts/pos-cart-discount?utm_sou...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
44 0 17

Changing my original response from earlier today.  So, the latest update on iOS DOES include the ability to enter a discount code!  There is a new option in the Discount dialog: %  $  CODE

However, these changes have completely broken our quantity discount app.  It's always something.....

0 Likes
2 0 0

Yeah, it was great for almost a month. But sadly it's gone with the latest release.

PLEASE get it working and in a release soon!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
31 0 7

It's still working fine for me on the newest version as far as I can tell.

0 Likes