retail (POS) price is 120 

is there any app can do this ? 

3 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
93 1 4

Hi there Ibrahim!

Alexa here with the Shopify team.

Currently we don't have a built in way to set different pricing for products on your online store and your POS application, but there is a work around.

You can duplicate your products, and have one set of products with online store pricing that is hidden from POS, and then have another set of products with POS pricing that is hidden from the online store. 

That way when you are selling via POS, only POS priced products will be shown and similarly when you're selling from your online store you can see only online store pricing. 

Here is a guide on how to change visibility on your products. Hopefully this was helpful! Let me know if we can assist you in any other way.

Alex | Customer Success Guru | Shopify

Alex | Customer Success Guru | Shopify
0 Likes
3 0 3

Thank you for your reply, 

if I made this I can't control stock inventory. The most feature I want is to sell online and offline (POS) with control to stock quantities. I don't want online customer to order a product then I face its not available in stock as all my products with very low quantity. Some unique and only 1 item is available 

0 Likes
17 0 0

I agree with Ibrhim the ability to change prices is important. Is it not possible to mark up the price by a certain value i.e like a discount (which is possible to do right now) but a mark up?

Thanks

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi, I am also looking for a solution to this. I need to be able to set different prices for items between Online and POS, with inventory tracking across all locations.

With a system that offers separate Online and POS option for each item, it makes sense to allow for variations in price whilst still keeping track of inventory. We cannot figure out how to do this. Help! 

Thanks, J

1 Like

Another vote for this. I'm using Square now for events because of this lacking feature. You guys are throwing money away. I'd double the transactions every year if you added this. 

I have a feeling there are tons of others like me. 

Shopify might not listen to customer requests, but maybe they will respond to the universal attention-grabber that is More Money. 

In fact, the POS prices are higher than the online so even more More Money. 

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
1 Like
Tourist
9 0 3

Finally found an app that will help with this. Wish it was built in shopify too, but in the meantime this will work. Simplesync $10/month and free 5 day trial. 

1. Duplicate the product(s) you want to be both online and on POS. Keep the same sku for both, you can have different prices, tags, types, whatever. I added (POS) to the title of the duplicated ones. Hide the "POS" ones from online, and hide the "online" ones from POS. 

2. They sync the inventory between the 2 automatically. Plus it will restock both in the event of a return. I checked and the sync happens instantly. 

*I have about 4000 - 5000 different products that I wanted to do this with so I exported my products csv and duplicated them myself in excel and then imported them to shopify. Took me approximately 10 mins. 

My only solution before was to open another shopify store (another $29/month) and use an app to sync the inventory between the 2 (approx. another $15/month). A main reason I had switched to Shopify POS was to save money from my previous POS.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Huge limitation and prevents us from using Shopify. Has anyone solved this? Are there 3rd party Apps that solve this?

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 3

The workaround I use is the app simplesync. It costs $10/month. This allows me to have 1 product for online and 1 for POS but still keep inventory synced.

1. I create the item available for POS only and tag it POS.

2. I then duplicate the item, change the price, make it unavailable on POS but available online, and then tag with ONLINE.

If I am making a lot of items, it's obviously faster to put them in a spreadsheet and then upload 1 set for POS and another for Online.

Currently, that's the only thing that I have found that works for me. It's a pain to have to duplicate the products everytime, but I needed a solution so I could use Shopify POS. 

1 Like
3 0 0

Thanks! Sounds like this might be the solution for me. Do you think the following scenario will work? I have a drink product. I create two separate items. An online item which costs $2 and a POS item which has two variants. The first POS variant is the product is for when the product is purchased and consumed on premise and costs $4. The second POS variant is for when the product is purchased for carry out and consumed off premise and costs $2.

Do you think SimpleSync would keep the inventory together for this scenario? It's basically the same scenario that you describe except the POS item has a variant with a different price.

0 Likes