POS setting access

Tourist
8 0 5

hey.

I would like to switch from shopkeep to shopify but am finding some basic functions not met by shopify. can someone clarify if these are issues i am having or are these issues others have brought up.

1. settings: ability to allow only some staff to issue refunds on POS

2. settings: controlling access to settings. i am unable to limit certain staff access. i want my staff to have access to shopify POS settings on the ipad app. i am unable to find a way to do this.

3. shipping: unable to make POS sales be automatically fulfilled and archived while making online sales be manually fulfilled and archived.

thanks in advance,

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
232 0 27

Hi Sohail,

1. settings: ability to allow only some staff to issue refunds on POS

We are considering this in the future but is currently not possible. Would it be helpful if we attributed an employee name to every refund? 

2. settings: controlling access to settings. i am unable to limit certain staff access. i want my staff to have access to shopify POS settings on the ipad app. i am unable to find a way to do this.

You can create staff that only has access to the iPad app by clicking "Add Staff" in the Settings->Staff portion of the iPad app. This is the only possibility currently.

3. shipping: unable to make POS sales be automatically fulfilled and archived while making online sales be manually fulfilled and archived.

This should definitely be achievable. All POS sales should be automatically fulfilled by default. You can toggle this settings in the iPad app Settings->General. This is independent of you online order settings.

I hope this helps,

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 5

hey andrew,

thanks for the quick reply.

1. it would be a great start to have that, i would hope you guys considering adding that limitation.

2. i have done that and i do have some staff that only have access to ipad but they can still go into ipad setting and change the receipt setting, pay method setting, etc and i wish there could be simple limitation on settings. i want my staff to do sales and then open and close their shift and not have access to "back end" settings on ipad. not sure why you guys even put that on the ipad as i assume most stores have the manager do this via online setting.

3. i played around and this seems to be working.

cheers,

0 Likes
5 0 0

These suggestions are totally what my store needs as well. I'd also want the "cashier" level to not be able to do "No Sale" and that to be limited to managers

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I agree that additional security needs to be added for cashier. Is there any update on when this might occur?

0 Likes