POS text (SMS) receipts linking to incorrect domain

Shopify Partner
96 0 11

Hi,

It seems the POS app is sending clients a link to the "myshopify" domain when you text a receipt to a customer (ie. oldstorename.myshopify.com)

It should be using the correct domain name, which is very different than the myshopify domain. (ie. newstorename.com vs. oldstorename.myshopify.com)

Is there a way to correct this, or configure it to only send links to the proper domain name? 

(My customer changed their company name, so now the text sms receipts are sending URLs to a defunct my shopify domain that we cannot change).

Thanks for any suggestions...

Ron

Shopify expert, software developer and designer.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 20 32

Hi, Ron!

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

If you click Settings > Notifications > POS and mobile receipt > SMS in the admin, you should be able to change the POS SMS receipts from there. More information can be found here if you would like to take a look. 

Feel free to reach out to our Support team any time as well. We're here 24/7 via Facebook, Twitter, chats, emails and phone. Just click 'talk to support’ for some more info.

Let me know how this goes!
Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello Ted,

I have the same issue Ron indicated above. When using POS app, SMS sent to clients display oldstore.mystore.com and my mynewstoredomain.com. Not sure how it was resolved. I logged in as admin and previewed the SMS. Preview shows the correct domain and also issued proper SMS using "Send test SMS". However, this seems to be an issue when the POS app sends the actual SMS. Is there any configuration settings for POS app so the text messages are issued with correct domain?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Sorry for the typo in the second line above. When using POS app, SMS sent to clients display oldstore.mystore.com and NOT my mynewstoredomain.com.
0 Likes