POS with Product Customizer App

Shopify Partner
6 0 0

We use the Product Customizer App to capture a large number of customized fields (size, color, dip style, length, model numbers and custom engraving information).

Does the Shopify POS App allow us to capture these fields when processing an order?  We attend trade shows from time to time and using the POS would be great, if we can still capture this type of customized information to sync with the order.  If it can't, then we revert back to capturing in an excel spreadsheet.  We have the POS system on our iPads (though not activated) and it doesn't bring up these customized variants when we are processing test orders.

Thanks for the information in advance.

Texas Timber Bat Co.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Appreciate the help if anyone knows these details.

Texas Timber Bat Co.

0 Likes
Explorer
57 0 16

Here is the rule to live by with Shopify. If you think something should be able to work, assume it doesn't. The point of sale API is so limited that there is no app that interacts with the PoS at all. It can interact with the dashboard online, but nothing at the actual register.

0 Likes
13 0 0

Hi Joe,

My name is Scott Heitzman from ZipBoss, a Shopify Expert, and I wanted to let you know that ZipBoss is excited to announce the launch of our Visual Product Customizer app on Shopify. This technology previously only available to DODOCase (ZipBoss Case Study - DODOCase) on the Shopify platform is now available to all Shopify stores. Additionally ZipBoss has a current offer that will allow you to take advantage of a 50% discount on custom design work for new Customizers through February 28th, 2015, use promo code “customizer” at https://www.zipboss.com/pricing.

The ZipBoss Shopify Customizer app is the all-in-one solution for your product customization needs. You can now allow your customers to choose from a combination of colors, select options, monogramming to images; there is no limit to the number or types of choices that you can offer to your customers to personalize their creations. Check out our “Why Do I Need a Customizer” blog post for more detail (ZipBoss Blog - Why Do I Need a Customizer)

We would love to further discuss with you how the ZipBoss Shopify Customizer app can improve your shops current experience and also solve all your product customization needs. You can contact me directly with my info below or find more information and pricing at https://www.zipboss.com/pricing.

Thanks!

Scott Heitzman

Director of Sales/Marketing

scott@zipboss.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Good Morning, 

I know it has been a long time since this post and there are a lot of options now in Shopify to customize products via the online store but wondering if there are any existing apps that interact with the Shopify POS App so that I can add additional info to the product at checkout on the POS App (not via the webstore), e.g., Thread color, Font & name so I can fulfill the monogramming order.

0 Likes

Hi All,

I wanted to let you all know that we are in the beginning stages of building the first Product Option app for POS. We hope to launch it in late November but would love for people to try it out before we do. We need real world testers to make sure everything runs smoothly and will work for each need. 

The app will allow you to easily set product options for all items in a cart, including admin settings to set defaults, drop down lists, and different option types like dates, times, text fields, and drop downs. Further support for radio fields and string validation will also be added shortly after launch. 

If you are interested in being a beta tester, please feel free to email me directly at max@bentosmb.com and I will get you setup when the time is ready. I am also happy to show you the prototype we have currently to get initial feedback as well. 

Thanks!

Max Sadlowski - CEO - BentoSMB - Shopify Expert
0 Likes