Point of sale migration from VEND to Shopify

1 0 0

Hi there, we have a shopify site that's currently using VEND as its point of sale but considering moving to Shopify POS as hear they are rapidly improving it's functionality and capabilities. Is this a good move if we have 2500 products with two physical stores? And if so what's the best approach for developers to complete this migration by avoiding any potential flaws along the way? Thanks 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
416 1 25

Hi, Customer_Care_S.

This is Max from the Shopify Team.

Our POS offerings are definitely improving over time (which we hope to be the case with all of our services)! One of the more recent changes that I think might be a perk for you, based on your multiple shops (and inventory) would likely be out additions of Locations. I'd also suggest reading more about Shopify POS locations.

Are there any particular things about your daily workflow or the orders that you're looking to avoid or replicate?  I'd suggest downloading the app and playing around with the interface to see if it might suit your flow.

Have you had some time to review any of the docs or hardware options where you're based? The Shopify POS app can be used to create and track orders anywhere, but the other physical pieces of hardware (what's available and where to get it) and payment providers vary based on your physical location. In terms of hardware, I'd suggest checking out this link to our hardware store. We also have more details in our help docs about what hardware we offer and how things work together!

These other docs on selling in person would also be great to review:

Feel free to reach out to us with any questions you might have. 

Cheers,
Max
support@shopify.com

0 Likes