Pos Staff Access Limitation

Highlighted
Excursionist
22 1 7

Dear sellers,

Please add your suggestions on this topic so maybe Shopify Team does something about this issue.

• TOTAL SALES - We don't want all cashiers to see that day's total sales or past dates sales numbers.  That day`s sale is ok at least close the previous dates sales to normal employees
  • REFUNDS - We don't want all cashiers to do refunds. Newbies shouldn't be able to get a refund.
  • CASH DRAWER - We don't want all cashiers open the register whenever they want. At least create a log on timeline. So if it's short we can go check cam records.
  • GRADES- at least create different grades of employees with different access points.

I guess Product development team living on dreamland. These are important details of retail. Every day thousands of cash flowing. 

Thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
214 13 35

Hello!

This is Ren from Shopify's Social Support team. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. As it stands, there is a way to toggle some POS Staff permissions. You can find the details and steps here.

Any one of the following permissions can be toggled on and off:

-Access orders at any location
-Change location settings
-Change payment settings
-Change register shift settings
-Customize receipts
-Log out of the store
-Access apps
-Access Customers

At this time, sales viewing and cash drawer opening permissions are not changeable - though what I'd like to do is send this to our development team as a feature request. I agree it would be very beneficial to have a broader spectrum of permissions, especially on POS.

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes