Post-Purchase Email / Text Signup

InRugCo
Tourist
7 0 3

Hi there, I am curious if there is an app available or feature within Shopify POS that brings up an email & text subscription form after the "checkout complete" process in Shopify POS (see picture). 

We use an iPad to run transactions at our brick & mortar store, so I would like to hand the iPad to the customer to enter their information if they are interested in our email / text marketing after a transaction. 

I know I can enter the customer's email while adding a customer and click "accepts email marketing", but I want to offer this signup post-transaction. 

I see this feature all the time on other POS systems like at coffee shops or breweries, so I am hoping there is something available.

Thanks. 

Replies 4 (4)

InRugCo
Tourist
7 0 3

Update- After two days of research I can somewhat answer my question

I've called Shopify, had a live chat with Shopify, contacted loyalty apps Smile.io, Lions List, & Swell and none of them offer post-transaction sign ups. All the loyalty sign ups / email subscribes must be done while the cart is still in progress. 

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hello, @InRugCo.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out and providing an update with your findings!

I understand you’re looking for a way to let customers sign up to your newsletters after their transaction on Shopify POS. Adding a rewards program, like Smile: Rewards & Loyalty, Loyalty, rewards and referrals by LoyaltyLion, or Swell Loyalty & Rewards, can definitely give your customers more incentive to sign up for the newsletters. However, I understand that they don’t offer post-transaction signups. That said, there is an opt-in button after checking out on Shopify POS. It’s not a sign up form, but does offer your customers a button to opt-in for newsletters. 

Here’s what it looks like on my phone with Shopify POS:

14-28-v1dr0-wexmu

14-29-ctlza-9bijs

You can also search for a customer directly on Shopify POS and let them opt-in to the newsletter after their transaction. 

Is this what you were looking for? If you have any other questions about Shopify POS or newsletter sign ups, don’t hesitate to let me know in this thread!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

chamsvictoria
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi. It's been 3 years since this question was asked, and wondering if there is a solution available to capture email post transactions. Thanks!

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hi, @chamsvictoria.

Thank you for joining the thread. 

I understand that you're looking for a solution to send post-transaction emails. While you can use Shopify Email for email marketing, you may need some sort of automation depending on the type of email you're trying to send. If you'd like to learn more about the various types of post-purchase emails, then we've got an amazing blog on that here: 9 Post Purchase Email Examples.  

If your store offers Shop Pay and you'd like to send out post-purchase offers, then you can use Shop to send post-purchase marketing automation campaigns. However, if you're looking to automate more types of post-purchase emails, then you can consider using something like Klaviyo or Automizely. If you need to get help with third-party apps, then the app developers are always available to assist you. Simply reach out to them using the contact information found at the bottom of their app pages.

That being said, I noticed that you're a new member of our Shopify Community and I'd love to hear more about your business! What types of products are you selling? Do you have a marketing plan prepared for your store?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog