Printing Product Labels for my Brick and Mortar Store

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey Community.  

There are a bunch of things to love about Shopify, especially the online aspects of the software platform.  I gotta be honest about the lack of some very basic functions for the POS software.  The biggest challenge I have, is that I need to be able to print product labels for each product that I receive (in transfers or in imports).  WE ARE A RETAIL STORE THAT SELLS PRODUCT ONLINE, NOT AN ONLINE STORE THAT SELLS RETAIL.  There is really no method or process I have found that allow me to print product labels in bulk. 

Example #1.....I can't print labels from the transfer window.  If there was a way to bulk print product labels while I receive product, that could solve most of the problems.  It is very unrealistic to print them one at a time, or worse one variable at a time.  The retail bar code labels app, or any app that I can see, does not allow this, but at least that app allows us to print them one at a time.

Example #2.....I can't sort my product in inventory or in products by newest to oldest.  If I could at least sort the products by newest to oldest, I could then print them in bulk with the retail bar code app (but only one (qty) item tho).

Example #3.....I can't find any other printing apps that will handle this small need.

Example #4.....I can't find any expensive Purchase Order apps that will handle this.

Example #5.....Since some of my personnel are not very experienced, I would be unreasonable to expect them to handle advanced spreadsheet management.

Solutions #1.  I really need to print them from the transfer receiving window, being able to choose the qty for each one (lightspeed, vend, square, and microsell have this very simple function).

Solution #2.  If I could sort the product in the inventory window or in the product window by newest to oldest, that would allow us to not only print labels, but manage other aspects of the inventory that we receive.

SOLUTION #3. WE REALLY NEED BOTH OF THESE FEATURES TO COMPETE WITH SOME OTHER SOFTWARE SOLUTION.  SHOPIFY IS WINNING IN MOST OTHER AREAS OF DEVELOPMENT, BUT HERE THEY FALL VERY VERY SHORT.

Am I not seeing something?  Or is there an app that I have not found?

Thanks in advance!!!

0 Likes
3 0 0

Sorry I need to add this.  I do have all products in a specific collection, which allows for a sort, but doesn't allow a printing option.

0 Likes