Privacy Concerns

Excursionist
22 1 6

I already so many times mentioned my Pos Privacy Concerns. There is a Lack of Staff permissions on Pos App. I will do an updated one for Pos and Online Sales.

Apps are a huge problem. Shopify  Community Reps always advice third-party apps for their missing features in Community Forums and we are using a bunch of them. My Current Bill $360. $80 Shopify Plan. $280 Apps. It's because of missing features.

For example,

• there is no interface for inventory counting we bought app for it ( Quick Scan )  so my warehouse employees who need to do counting they need to reach apps for it. When we grant access to apps they reach ALL APPS.

• There are not enough Discount/ Deal options on Shopify we bought another app ( Ultimate Special Offers
    ) for it. Again my cashiers need to have grant access for it. When we grant access to apps they reach ALL APPS.

• There is not a sales list of the day/week, we can print or save as a pdf easly to give our morning employees for restocking purposes. We bought another app ( Better Report ) for it. Again my restockers need to have grant access for it. When we grant access to apps they reach ALL APPS

• You don't have a built-in label printing feature. Every time we need to go to apps for it again my warehouse people need to have grant access for it. When we grant access to apps they reach ALL APPS.

• You don't have enough reporting features. We bought another app for it and these apps have a lot of data on them. Besides we pay apps more than we pay to Shopify also Every employee can reach all of our DATA.  

Dear Shopify Community Managers, do you know how much Shopify makes every day? Do you know how much they make from each customer ? No. Why? Because it's not your department. You have different interfaces you work at.

• PLUS: Shopify gives 5 location and 5 staff you can add. IF you have 5 locations this means you can have 4 Retail Stores and 1 WH. We have Purchase Managers, Store Managers, Store Assistant Managers, Restockers, ITs for the website, social media agents, owner, general manager. All these people need to share only 5 ACCOUNT. 5. IF someone makes a mistake we don't know who did it. 

For the solution of all of these, I believe we need to give permissions separately to every app. Not all the apps at the same time. Also, we need higher staff account limits.  Shopify package has 5 accounts for 5 locations. The Advance plan has 15 accounts for 8 locations. Does Extra 3 location come with 10 extra people? than 5 location needs at least 12 account limit.  I don't think this is a mistake. Looks like Shopify pushing us to buy $3600 package.

Please advise me what I can do? What're your opinions? 

0 Likes