Product Import Using CSV - adding collections column

Highlighted
4 0 0

I am import about 260 products using a csv.  I have everything ready to roll but I noticed I could assign each product to a respective collections.  I ready the help documentation so it all sounds easy enough, however, what "collection" value am I supposed to use.  The documentation says to use the collection name.  Does this mean the collection title or the collection handle?  

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
163 15 17

Hey there, @amneal!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! That's a great question, and I'd be happy to clarify.

After exporting your CSV file and adding a new column titled "Collection", you can simply input the Collection titles for which products you'd like filtered in there. To test this out, I created a Collection with the name "Tester" and inserted a "Collection" column in between the Image Alt Text and Gift Card columns - but you can add it anywhere as this is the only column that won't break the format. I then wrote "Tester" in the fields for the products I wanted assigned to that Collection: 

12-03-8ek20-mz352

After importing the CSV file back into the Products section (and checking off the "Replace any current products that have the same handle. Existing values will be used for any missing columns." option in the Import pop-up), the products were automatically filtered into the Tester Collection! 

I hope this helps clarify for you what information is required. If you have any trouble with this, or if there's anything else I can confirm, please let me know!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes