Pros and Cons for the POS

20 0 0

What are the Pros and Cons for a POS with Shopify?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
13 0 0

Shopify POS can connect with bnkle - brick & mortar search. Which means lot's of free advertising and customers in to your store. Take a look on the app store: https://apps.shopify.com/bnkle

0 Likes
Excursionist
13 0 5

Pros: Easy interface. Simple for gathering emails as part of the transaction. Quick for selling products. Seach function is quick, and being able to pair it with images from the web is really easy too. 

Down side: Don't buy the Dymo printer.  It is terrible. WE have 4 people who have computers so we don't just have 1 to attach it too. And the support software is shit. 

The barcode scanner is shit. It constantly disconnects, and when you put it in the charging cradle it powers off. Brilliant design. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
31 0 7

@matt

We don't have this issue with the barcode scanner. We bought he wireless scanner + cradle (not the 2D scanner) and it does not disconnect when cradled.

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 4

POS cannot handle basic POS functions properly like returns, customer credits, exchanges or order editing. Also if you have multiple stores or need location features for inventory tracking you are out of luck. We have been promised these for almost a year now and nothing.

1 Like
Tourist
16 0 2

we have had shopify for 5 years, my biggest issue with them is that they dont seem to develop the POS system themselves that much. They seem rely on third party apps to solve/fix issues that they themselves should be dealing with. For an employee using the POS its very smooth, but i run into a few issues on the back end that i cant get answers for because they always try to get you to use an app someone else has developed

1 Like
1 0 0

Swym just releases Engage, which has POS integration. You can read the post here https://t.co/rWLjZuJGd9?amp=1

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 5

Item exchanges with Moneris terminal is not implemented. That is not real Moneris integration. 

0 Likes