Restrictive number of products.

Highlighted
4 0 0
Hello. I have run into an issue where my POS crashed on on of my ipad 12.9 pros and wont reopen. I get a failed message each time. I am advised that this is because 49k products is too many...even though this is the no of products on the other ipad and both had been working fine till yesterday.
Shopify support is of little help saying i must reduce to 30k products....despite it working fine on other ipad.
Is is possible to get a shopify expert to do some custom code that either prevents images flowing to pos or allows the ipad only to upload published to pos produxts?
Do shopify have any clear plans to fix this volume issue?
The system is good and i have invested a huge amount of time and a lot of money for my small business...hate that i may have to just accept its not fit for purpose!!
Can anyone help!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

We're looking for the answer to part of your question, too Is is possible to get a shopify expert to do some custom code that either prevents images flowing to pos? 

We don't want product images in POS. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
141 8 22

This is a concern. We have loaded our iPads with upwards of this many items or more for testing. And I thought we linked at least a single image to each item. We didn't run into issues while testing things out. Hope it's more of a temporary glitch in y'all's cases due to the iPads being low on available resources or something!

0 Likes