Retrieving Staff Who Helped with Sale

Shopify Partner
129 6 14

Pinging this again. I have a feeling that otherwise this might get lost in the shuffle. Can someone please me know if there was any movement on this in your internal tracker?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1118 78 156

Hey again Greg, 

Feel free to continue pinging to make sure this doesn't fall through the cracks, not a problem at all. There is still some ongoing discussion internally about exposing this data and how to do it in the best way, but no final decision yet. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
129 6 14

Pinging again. Any status update on this gap? Please let me know when you get a chance. Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1118 78 156

Hey @Greg_Kujawa , 

Sorry for the delay here - I haven't heard about this for a while now. I'll check back in today!

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1118 78 156

Hey again @Greg_Kujawa , 

Just wanted to let you know that this is still an ongoing conversation here, it hasn't been forgotten but there's a lot of complexity involved when it comes to what information should be surfaced, as well as our ability to even be selective about what information is made available to begin with. Hopefully something that we're able to get taken care of sooner rather than later, I just didn't want you to think that nobody is looking into it right now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
129 6 14

Pinging this again, since we are close to having our ducks in a row enough to launch Shopify POS. The "sales split" being reported via the API is a stumbling block we'd like to see removed if possible :) 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1118 78 156

Hey @Greg_Kujawa , 

Good on you for keeping up with this. Nothing new that I can share as of this time, but there is a chance of progress being made in the near future. I can't make any promises yet though so don't get too excited, but stay tuned! 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
129 6 14

Thanks for the info @Josh . This sounds promising. The other stumbling block we have involves the POS salesperson creating a new special order for product we haven't carried before. I currently have an Edit Cart function where the salesperson populates a form --- specifying the vendor, the vendor's style number, and a brief item description. When the form is submitted then the new product is created in Shopify. 

The issue is that there is a delay between when the product is created and when the product is visible in POS. Since to simplify things I am automatically adding the new product to the POS cart. After some discussions with Shopify staff, apparently there is a 60 second polling cycle between POS and the cloud. I have asked on here if there is a way to configure a shorter polling interval or if there's some sort of API method I can invoke the refresh things --> https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/Refresh-POS-Products-List/m-p/611359#M41526

Any idea about this? Having the user waiting up to 60 seconds to complete the Add to Cart is a little clumsy.

0 Likes