SOCKET BARCODE SCANNER CONNECTION ISSUE

Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 6

Does your S700 Socket Scanner keep disconnecting time to time?  

Ours disconnected again today and every time when I try to connect it, it's being unsuccessful on Shopify but connecting on iPad as Bluetooth device?

Anybody else having this software issue or if it's just me I will replace the scanner.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

We have had this issue for months now (since about November 2018). We've gone back and forth with Shopify support as well as with the manufacturer. Shopify's current recommendation is to perform a factory reset of our iPad. I would like to try this but there is no way to backup the POS register shifts as these are stored locally on the iPad. It's quite frustrating for any staff that have to use it. The system worked flawlessly for the first couple of months and then things went downhill from there. We are also experiencing an issue where, occasionally,  the shop is logged out completely from the POS app after powering down the iPad. The two issues might be related. Have you also had this issue with your setup?

We are using the Socket Mobile SocketScan S740 (2D scanner) with a new 6th generation iPad.

0 Likes
Excursionist
17 0 6

I experienced the same things. Every time if we turn off the iPad it logs out. Even we did during a shift twice, some of the total sales from the shift disappeared. Connection issue with scanner is related to IPAD or POS app. Scanner working fine. I tried on our other stores. It's pairing fast. I guess Sometimes app or Ipad stucks.

0 Likes