SYSTEM TAMPERED error on Pos Tap Chip Swipe reader

Solved
Excursionist
22 1 6

We just had an error on credit card reader "System Tampered" Resets are not working. REader blocked it self

Any advice?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
503 16 48

Hi there @Alp!

Don here from Shopify. :)

If you are using a Shopify card reader purchased from one of our hardware stores and it is now displaying a 'tampered' message we will need to replace that piece of equipment for you here (if it is still under warranty).

We can look into doing this for you from here if you can first send an email into us via our support site from the address you use to log into Shopify.

You can quote the ticket number you are assigned for that interaction here so we can grab it from the queue and go to work.

It would also be helpful if you could include a bit of info on the equipment in question, such as your order number from the hardware store order when you purchased it, the serial number of the device and what sort of reader it is you have purchased.

We can take it from there and work with our hardware store team to replace this if possible.

Just provide that email ticket number once you have contacted us via the help site and we can get this moving forward for you. :)

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Excursionist
22 1 6

Hi Don,

I called the Shopify Support and I sent them an email with my device serial number on it. It was still under warranty. They sent me a new one with express shipping. Thank you.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
503 16 48

Hi again @Alp!

Don from Shopify once again. :)

Thanks for getting back in touch here to let us know you got this sorted.

For future hardware store orders, you can check to see if a return is possible directly in the hardware store you ordered from or by contacting support directly.

Let us know whenever you need us here!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes