Screen Prompts for POS Staff

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 8

Hey Shopify, 

It would be great to be able to create 'Prompts' that show to staff during the checkout process, for example: 

If i have Smile.io or Loyalty Lion installed i can tell they apps or Shopify POS to throw a prompt when checking out on POS which says "Robert, remember to ask the customer if they have a loyalty account" and this would happen when we click "Checkout". 

Or another example: 

"Remind the customer about our new products at the till point they could add to the cart..."

These would be customisable inside the POS by managers and would really help remind the staff to ask these important questions. 

1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
2283 154 317

Hi @Robert_Hamilton,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question! 

I spoke to our retail support team about this as I think it's a great idea and can see how it can impact your POS workflow. They mentioned it's not something which can be done natively on the POS system, however, I can submit it as a feature request on your behalf. Would you be able to reply to me here with some more context and how it might impact/ benefit your business to show our development team.

Hope this helps and clears this up for you. And thanks again for the feedback/ suggestion. 

All the best, Nick 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes