Searching for products on POS is VERY slow

Tourist
5 0 1

I have Shopify POS running on (if I remember correctly) a 2nd-gen iPad and over the past few updates the app has grown intolerably slow searching for produtcs. If I search by SKU it often takes as much as 30 seconds to return a result. Is this normal? Is it because I have a lot of products in my database (i.e. several thousand... maybe over 10k)? Is there anything I can do to make it faster?

I tried Shopify POS on my iPad Air 2 and it's much faster, but I don't really want to buy a new iPad for my store just to search for items, particularly since the more recent iPad models won't fit the stand that's attached to the register. I'm also nervous about buying a new ipad only to find that future updates make it even slower.

Advice? Thoughts? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
298 0 155

Hey Daniel!

Without being able to be hands-on with the iPad, it does sounds like your older model is struggling with the app, either due to app updates or due to system updates on the iPad itself.

With a catalog of 10k items, some loading time is expected but if it's really lagging it might be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the app to dump anything stored in the cache and make sure all of the components are installed fully and properly. :)

0 Likes