Select product visibility at variant level

Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Not sure how many people it would benefit but I would like to be able to list a product such as a bottle of whisky for sale on our online store and a nip of whisky on our POS.

Yes, we could set them up as two different products but then there is no easy way to control inventory. Ideally the product would have the one inventory number and then each variant would decrement the stock at different rates.

Am I the only one? :-)

Australia's No. 1 Barware Store
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
290 0 160

Hey Steve!

What I might suggest is something like SimpleSync: https://apps.shopify.com/simplesync

The app lets you sync variant inventory, so when you sell Item A it reflects on Item B. This might be a good way to tie those two together!

Hope that helps :)

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hi Alex

Thanks for the details but don't think it is quite suited to what I am looking after.

I would have two uses for this kind of inventory as per below:

A) shot of whisky ie. 1/23 of a bottle which is listed on our POS
B) full bottle which is listed on our online store
It would be great if the stock was listed as one.

And the other use is for our kits. We sell products A, B, C & D and we also sell a bundle of all 4 yet inventory is separate.

Does that make sense?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
19 0 5

Hi Steve - I understand what you're looking for.  Unfortunately we can't decrement inventory at different rates.  This comes up sometimes - for example with fabric shops (sell by the yard), or bulk shops, etc.

The only half-measure I can think of is two separate products with visibility set to either in-store or online, which you alluded to in your first post.

Guy

Retail Product Team

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hi guy - thanks for the reply :-)

Will have to see if I can work out a solution..

0 Likes