Shopify POS Search (Not Good)

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 8

I would like to see the product search on the Shopify POS act similar to the admin version of Shopify. 

If we have a product that is called "Shopify Point of Sale - Latte Mug" on the admin i can type Shopify Latte and it would come up with the results of that product. 

However, on the POS i would type for example "Shopify Latte" and it wouldn't work, for me to bring that product up on search i would need to type "Shopify Point of Sale......" - with 7,000 products, this is kind of a big deal for us and we would appreciate any update in regards to this changing or any changes to be made. 

Thank you for listening and i appreciate any questions you may have for this request. 

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
332 31 60

Hi, @Robert_Hamilton!

You brought up a really good point there. I have tried to search for a product on my test store as well, and you're absolutely correct that the search function on Shopify admin and the app are different! Thank you very much for bringing this up. I can really understand how this can be frustrating especially when you have thousands of products in your inventory. 

That being said, I would be happy to launch a feature request with our developers for further review. If the request is already there, I can add to it to bump it up - as the more merchants that mention a feature, the more likely they are to be implemented! I've also included your contact information (your email address attached to your forums account) should they want to reach out for your assistance or if they have further questions on the request.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about your request here. Let me know if there is anything we can help!

Best Regards,

May. 

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes