Shopify POS "Crashing" daily

2 0 0

We updated our ipad OS last week and since then it's been crashing daily. It gets stuck on the check out page when we are ringing up a customer--i.e. the "TOTAL" button won't take you to the check out page but other buttons will work. We are not using Shopify Payments to check out, but are manually using another merchant account to take credit cards. The only way to fix this is to turn off the ipad and restart it, which is a problem when there's a line of customers.  Has anyone else had this problem??

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
232 0 27

Hi Carol,

I'm really sorry to hear this. This obviously should never happen. We have not heard this before. Does this still happen when you background the app and close it? Does it still happen if you venture outside of the products page and then come back? 

Next time this happens can you please 1) Click on the avatar in the top-right corner 2) Click "Need Help?" 3) Click "Send Error Report". This will send us logs of the app.

Thanks for the info on this,

0 Likes
2 0 0

hi this happened again unfotunately. i sent a report earlier today. I noticed there was a cancelled order placed from an unknown terminal. was this you guys? It was placed by Julian Nadeau. Let me know.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
27 0 3

Hi Carol,

I apologize for the delay here. I sent you an email yesterday, but there seems to have been an issue :(

I'll resend right now :)

Julian

Cheers! Julian Nadeau Developer, Shopify Mobile http://shopify.ca
0 Likes
7 0 0

Having similar issues and have not heard back from my feedback reports, or my support ticket. Our POS will intermittently not print receipts after capturing a sale. Have to restart ipad and reset printer to get it to work again. Updated OS on ipad2.

0 Likes
Explorer
57 0 16

I also have the printer problem. Have to restart the printer to get it to print.

0 Likes