Shopify POS system

Highlighted
4 0 0

Has anyone else seen Square's POS system called "Square register"? It is magnificent and so easy to use yet they added a lot of features a shop would need and is visually well designed. Unfortunately it is not available in Canada yet but hopefully Shopify has noticed it and is working on their own version because I believe it is something a lot of shopify users that also have a store would love. Anyone seen it and have thoughts of their own?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
583 17 47

Hi, Armanm.

This is Max from the Shopify Team.

Shopify Does have its own POS or point of sale solution. It works with an apps that you can add to your mobile device and connect to payment options that are offered based on your location and payment provider!

If you're looking for the hardware options for merchants in Canada, check out this link to our store. We also have more details in our help docs about what hardware we offer and how things work together! Take a look, and feel free to reach out to us with any questions you might have! 

Cheers,
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks for reaching out, I have already looked at shopify pos systems and at least the ones they offer in Canada are not nearly as good as the American shopify options or even close to Squares Register. You're required to buy an iPad (additional $600+ cost) and have to settle for an unreliable headphone jack card reader. Hopefully Shopify will invest more into their POS system and keep it consistent across countries because as soon as Square Register comes to Canada they will definitely take over a larger market share, especially with their new square business card.

0 Likes