Shopify Point of Sale - Slow Processing Sales

Tourist
8 0 3

Hello!

I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing 'slowness' whilst processing card payment on the Point of Sale. We are in the United Kingdom and it can often take up to 60 seconds to compelete a card payment sale. 

This is the process:

1. Customer enters Card to the reader
  2. Customer enters pin
  3. Shopify starts authorising the sale (spinning loading icon)
  4. 40 to 50 seconds later...
  5. Authorising changes to 'Completing Checkout...' 
  6. Approved screen eventually shows
  7. It then takes another 5-6 seconds for the receipt printer to print the receipt for the customer

I actually have a video of this issue. We have a full IT team who focus on our Network very closley and it's a very fast, stable, Internet connection - 300mbps dedicated line (upload and download). We have no issues with slowness on Draft Orders when doing online orders or browsing any other websites on our internet. 

Only get this slowness on the POS. 

Click here to watch the video

I appreciate anyone who confirms if they are also having the same issue. 

Thanks

Robert 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
219 1 17

Hello, Robert! 

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I would be happy to look into this for you to see if we can find the culprit that could be causing your POS app to be slower than usual. The first aspect I would recommend ruling out would be app updates. You want to make sure that your POS app and your device is up to date so that the functionality can run at full speed. We have a really great guide that I would recommend checking out that will show you how to make sure your app is up to date, be sure to check it out here.  

If you find that you've updated your app and you're still seeing the issue with slow speed, let me know here so I can look into your store for you and get back to you via email. 

Karlie
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes