Socket CHS 7Ci barcode scanner not recognised by Shopify POS 1.1.1

3 0 0

The Shopify POS iPad app stubbornly refuses to recognise that I have a Socket CHS 7Ci paired.

I have: Socket CHS 7Ci, ipad ios 7.0.4, Shopify PoS 1.1.1, properly paired using bluetooth to the CHS 7Ci, and I'm able to scan barcodes and get the correct barcode number in IoS notepad. But the Shopify iPad app give me "No hardware detected: Your hardware will appear here when connected" in the Setting->Hardware menu.
I've tried restarting the app, bouncing the bluetooth connection, no change.

I'm kindof out of things to try.... any ideas ????

0 Likes
Explorer
57 0 16

This is probably a bug. I just wanted to let you know that I am able to pair a CHS 7ci with PoS 1.1.1 with an ipad Air. Just letting you know it's possible.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thanks very much Cory, yes I'm pretty sure it is a bug. Thanks for letting me know it is possible. I'm gonna try on a different iPad too, see if I get the same result.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
10 0 0

Hi Carl,

From the description you have provided, it sounds like your barcode scanner is in the wrong mode. The Socket CHS barcode scanners have a couple of different modes and won't be detected by Shopify POS unless it is in iOS mode. To get your scanner in the correct mode, follow the instructions on http://docs.shopify.com/pos/about-pos/troubleshoot/barcode-scanner. After the special barcode on that page is scanned you will probably have to reconnect the barcode scanner in the iOS settings app.

Let me know if the barcode scanner isn't working after following the steps on that page.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Adam,

Yes that solved the problem. Thank you. I had scanned the worng barcode from the manual and the scanner was in "keyboard" mode rather than "ios" mode.

Thanks for your help.

Carl

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello, I have few problem with my scanner. Let me know do you have the manual of SYMBOL DS9808

0 Likes