Store credit for a customer

Solved

Success.

Excursionist
13 1 3

Missing screen shot

You might have to Enable your Gift Card on your Shopify Admin section and Make one up to turn this feature on (i'm guessing on this one)

My Ap is 5.16.0

See my image20190329_102110.jpg

1 Like
Tourist
9 1 0

@LighthouseWeb  I missed enabling gift cards hence it wasn't shown. It works fine now.

Thanks a lot for your help. Really appreciate it!! 

Regards,

PV

0 Likes
Excursionist
13 1 3

No a problem glad I can help

Rick

0 Likes
9 0 0

bank account payment did not come

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Where in Analytics can I see the total of Store Credits my company owes on a certain date? I need to confirm what the total store credits I owed customers at the end of my fiscal year for tax purposes and can not find it on a report.  It was listed in this thread that the total is available in Analytics but I could not find it.

Thank you for your help.

Millie Walsh

Body & Soul Boutique

Nick
Community Manager
Community Manager
2088 126 266

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question! Store credit isn’t tracked on each customer, but as a total on the store, which can be viewed in Analytics. You can also see this information in each order. So while you cannot track it per customer, you can per each order. I understand that is not completely ideal and might require some manual tracking, but it would be the only way right now. 

Shopify has some more information on this in a help document here

I will, however, submit this as a feature request for you on your behalf to our team, as I can really see how this would benefit your store while selling when using the POS. 

Hope this helps!

All the best, Nick

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2286 152 313

Hi @BodyandSoul,

Can I ask if you are looking to do this in the online store URL or via the POS? 

From the POS admin you can enable and access the credits by following the steps below in the screenshot: 

19-08-qfu31-qkgd0

To view this in payments you would need to take the following steps: Analytics > Reporting > Finances > Payments and view your Payments report. If there is no credits available then it might not appear in the analytics also. 

Hope this helps and answers your question. 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Nick,

I am still not seeing what I am asking for. The report you referenced shows the amount of store credit "used" for payments in that month, but not what the outstanding store credit balance is.  It shows the Outstanding Gift Card Balance but not the Outstanding Store Credit balance.  That is an important amount that I need to have correct in my year end - Do I owe my customers back in store credits $5,000 or $50,000? I have been using Shopify for a couple of years now for my storefront POS and online stores. I love most aspects of it but am very frustrated with others, like this. It should be a simple number to find, but I am at a loss to find it.

I hope you can help,

Millie

Body & Soul Boutique

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2286 152 313

Hi @BodyandSoul,

I looked further into this for you to find out as much information as I could to be sure. You can filter the payment type to store credit and filter it to see all of the credit used to date, but that is the only credit information which is available

You can see the filter for just store credit and no other payment type by taking the following steps: Analytics > Reports > Finances > Payments > Store Credit. It should then look something similar to the screenshot below with the filter added: 

07-00-wgeag-e83mn 

Because this is the only credit information available and from what you have told me, I can see exactly what you mean and what you're looking for. I will submit this as a feature request to our development team for the future. Feedback like this is invaluable for our development team to see what store owners such as yourself are looking for and need to run your business's successfully. I completely understand how this could be frustrating. If you could provide any more information to show how this information would be valuable for your business/ store it would be helpful for me to add it to the feature request. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

The reason this information is important, just like the "Outstanding Gift Cards", is that "Outstanding Store Credits" are a Liability on the company. It is a number that appears on the Balance Sheet as something you owe.

I hope this can be added in a future update.

Thank you for your help!

Millie

Body & Soul Boutique

1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
2286 152 313

Thank you @BodyandSoul.

All feedback such as this is very helpful and I appreciate you taking the time to get back to me and understanding. 

I'll add this information to the feature request. 

0 Likes