The Shopify Pos System is Flawed and Not Supported.

11 0 0

I have the Shopify Pos System, consisting of a

Heckler . H225  cash drawer and  a Star  Tsp143IIIW  printer which I paid a lot of money for. After weeks of it not working I finally got to spend two hours with the Star tech support team we reset everything. They concluded it was a Shopify problem.

Everything looks perfect however we can not communicate with Shopify. We can print receipts and open the cash drawer from our ipad. Both the ipad and App are running the latest versions. The printer has the latest firmware. Still a flawed system. Help Shopify! Fyi: when I contact Shopify they read through their flawed notes and give me the same information. This has happened 4 times. Does Shopify not have a real technical support team?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
565 24 59

Hi there @hilifevitamins!

Don here from Shopify. :)

Sorry to hear that you've had such a hard time getting your POS equipment to link up with our POS app.

I did notice that the models and model numbers you mentioned here do not match the supported model numbers as stated in our hardware overview.

In order to be compatible with our POS app, any hardware that is not purchased via our own dedicated hardware stores would need to match the supported model numbers to guarantee compatibility.

Check the list linked above and cross-check this with your own equipment and think about whether you might want to consider purchasing compatible hardware in order to continue.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes