Timeline on Shopify POS

Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Is there any particular reason why the Timeline feature (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/productivity-tools/timeline) is not available on Shopify POS? It doesn't quite feel like a smooth omni-channel experience without it.

This would be really helpful in instances where:

• Web orders are returned or picked up at our retail location and have special instructions for staff members.
  • A customer may buy a customized product at the POS that can be picked up at a later date. It makes more sense for the staff member processing the sale to write instructions in the timeline vs. customer notes.

If this isn't already in the works, we would love to see it. Thanks!

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 8

@Josh18 i agree with this 100%! It really needs to be on the POS to make everything consistent with the admin. Shopify should respond to this and put our mind at ease ;) 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Josh, 

Sorry to hear this feature isn't available through POS quite yet! I wanted to recommend you take at look at Endear's clienteling app, which would equip your physical stores with a 360-degree view of customers and their order history (including price, product images, and returns). With Endear, store associates can make notes and set reminders on clients' profiles to ensure that whoever helps them next knows how to properly fulfill the order. 

This might be a good stand-in until Shopify launches timeline for POS. Let me know if you'd like to connect! 

0 Likes