Tipping Feature - Adding Tips to Checkout on POS

1 0 3

Sigh

Can't believe shopify POS doesn't have this. I mean WHY? this is one hour job for them. Is there a hiddle legal issue? so confused. Can't move to shopify POS without this. They are also completely cutting off service business. 

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
52 0 7

I can't fathom how this is not a priority. We need this, Clients Need this, and I hate sending them to Square because Shopify lacks this sort of integration. PLEASE help! Give us a tipping option for our clients PLEASE! 

Amy McWilliams - Shopify Partner www.rockrosedesigns.com Shopify - Wordpress - Big Commerce
3 Likes
1 0 2

I can't believe there is no tipping feature on the POS. Every other POS in the world has figured this out. I really want to use Shopify but this is a deal breaker. I would love nothing more than to give you so much of my money. All we need is a stupid feature to add a dollar or two to a total if a customer wants to. 

This is the biggest oversight I have ever seen in my life. You guys thought of everything but this. Everyone wants it. When can this be figured out?

In the mean time. I'm switching to your biggest competitor just to prove a point. 

2 Likes
1 0 1

I also agree that a tipping feature is necessary. I switched to Shopify POS for the ability to update my website as items are sold. But Square allowed a tipping feature.

Yes we can sell in retail, but we can also have value added services that clients want to tip for. How is it that this was brought up in 2013, and yet 4 years later and 500,000 stores later it still has not happened.

1 Like
1 0 1

SHOPIFY! Give the people what they want! 

A credit card tipping feature would be a tremendous value add for my employees. 

We have many requests to tip via credit card. Seems like a simple feature. Please work on it! 

1 Like
1 0 0

Shopify POS Tipping PLEASE!!

There is no way that this could be difficult to add. Just make the user experience like Square's and call it a day. Simple.

At the very least can you give us a hint about when it might be available?

0 Likes
1 0 0

Does Anyone have any updates to the tipping or gratuity feature.  I am a salon and boutique and need to be able to add a tipping feature to my salon services.  I switched from Square to Shopify because of the lack of inventory tracking and cost of goods feature.  Square has now come out with Square retail that allows those features.  I hate to switch back again but I am surprised that this feature has not been added.  Currently I have 4 varients for each service that I calculated and I turn the screen around and let the client pick this feature, however yes it is extremely awkward but the clients love that it has already been calculated for them like it is in square.  Please fix this!

Kim 

www.oakandivyboutique.com

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
77 0 13

I have taken my tipping skill down for the POS because the POS is definitely not built for tipping.

But, if you wanna try it out, you can visit: https://tipslite.taylorrome.ro

If you have any questions or issues, please message me from the app and I'll help you out!

1 Like
1 0 0

The lack of this feature makes the Shopify POS useless for many companies. You will be loosing our business along with many others, but from the history of this thread, you obviously know this and don't care.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Non-developer here, looking for some advice.

I don't do any point-of-sale transactions, but I have a small online Shopify store.

I'd like to include some items in my store that give 100% of profits to charities. On those products, I'd like to have a "Tip" page appear before final checkout — allowing customers to add a small "tip" for the product's designer.

I've been following this thread, and there doesn't appear to be a solution for Shopify POS.  Is this feature something that an experienced developer could add to an ONLINE store?

Thanks.

0 Likes