Track inventory on returned products

1 0 0

Hi there,

Iam looking for an overview of returned items that are not put back in stock again.

When i do a refund on Shopify POS i can choose to restock Yes/NO

• Restock Yes: inventory is adjusted and added to the store again.
  • Restock NO:  inventory does seems lost. (where can i track this inventory? Is there an export available of this restock No items?

We sell expensive goods so it's super important to track all returned goods

Somebody have an idea how to track this?

Kind regards Martijn

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 6 22

Hi, Martijn!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

We would only track stock that is chosen to be restocked at the time of the return. It’s not possible to track stock that isn’t returned to the inventory count. You can review the refund process here. 

For tracking, you would need to track this outside of Shopify with a spreadsheet of some sort. Or you could create a new item in your inventory titled 'damaged', (or whatever reason why you may not want to resell as part of your normal inventory). You could then create a collection of all the unsellable merchandise to track in Shopify. 

Also, I would recommend making the item unavailable to all sales channels, so that is isn’t mistakenly sold!

That being said, as a workaround, you could do the following: You could use tags to mark items. This will allow you to be able to filter later on for specific items, ex: damaged, unsellable packaging, manufacturer defect, etc. So this would be in conjunction with the new item being created in the inventory, not as a replacement solution!

Let me know what you think, happy to keep chatting with you here :)

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
646 0 91

Hi Martijn,

Our app Better Reports is able to track refunds with restock = no.

Feel free to reach out at clement@betterreports.co

Clement

0 Likes