URGENT: Printer stopped working with POS 5.35.0 update

Solved
11 0 0

That is an excellent idea. Considering all the time, cost and issues I have had with my shopify pos system it certainly can't hurt.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
150 2 50

Deleting and reinstalling the POS app each day is allowing us to print on both iPads.

It's a bit of a painful workaround but deleting the app is obviously resetting something somewhere.

Hopefully that helps someone stuck in this situation.

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
150 2 50

Just confirming that deleting/reinstalling the POS app has worked for two days. But as soon as an iPad disconnects from the WIFI network, you have to remove the POS app from that iPad and reinstall or it will never print.

Annoying and it shouldn't be this way but at least we can give customers receipts.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
116 6 12

When you say "disconnects from the WiFi network" are your receipt printers also connected to the network via hard-wired Ethernet/WiFi, or are they connected via Bluetooth? Sorry, this thread is so long I lost track of your specific setup!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
150 2 50

iPad –> Wifi –> Ethernet –> Printer

Deleting and reinstalling the app each morning was bullet-proof for a 3-day sale over the weekend so that's now part of our system.

0 Likes
11 0 0

Greg I've got a similar huge problem. Using the 192.168.10.1 address I can get the Star wifi printer to open the cash drawer and print receipts. However it loses conductivity to the internet. If I switch the ipad to my normal wifi I can get to the internet and put pos orders into Shopify, however now no printer receipts or cash drawer opening. I have followed the Star instructions 4 or 5 times with resets etc. and still it does not work.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
150 2 50

@hilifevitamins Just checking that both your internet and printer are connected to the same Wifi router, and are on the same IP address range (192.168.10.XXX).

If you want both on your iPad, then both need to be connected to your Wifi router. Ignore if you've got it working or if that's not the issue.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi there

I have the same problem. I put a new modem in the other day. Everything is connected and even Shopify can see that the printer is connected however it won't print. I have POS 5.39.0. I have done everything suggested and it still won't. Please help as I can't run my business properly.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
150 2 50

@kellysofkati I'm not from Shopify support (we run a store) so I can only tell you what works for us.

Firstly, what printer do you have and how are you connecting?

0 Likes
2 0 0
I have a TSP100III and it is connected via Ethernet
0 Likes