Using 2 x iPads and 2 x blue tooth scanners

1 0 0

Hi

I am going to be using the IPads x 2 at a trade show with both of them having the POS app downloaded with my store.

I am a trade company selling at an exhibition.  I am wondering if i can use 2 x barcode scanners at the same time so my sales team can serve different customers.  I.E can each scanner be blue toothed to a separate IPad?

thanks Claire

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
3 0 0

Hi, Claire!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify.

If you're using 2 iPad's, then it would definitely be recommended that you have a seperate bluetooth scanner connected to each to avoid any challenges on the day. Just make sure you've tested each device before you arrive at the show, and reach out to our support teams if you run into any problems. You can learn more about connecting bluetooth scanners using our helpful guides as well! Simply choose the scanner model you're trying to connect, and you'll be presented with step by step instructions, along with a troubleshooting guide.

It's super exciting to hear you're going to attend a trade show to sell your products. Have you sold in person before? If not, I have a great guide to help you prepare for the big day!

Also, selling at a trade show is a great way to build up a customer list! Have you got any plans to sign up some new customers to your email lists at all? We have a great blog post all about building an email list that you should check out!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes