Using a "sold by" in notification template

Excursionist
16 0 5

Hello!

We emailing to our clients when selling with the POS, it would be nice to have a notification variable to be able to show :

Sold by : "the employee name"

Is there a way to do that? I was looking here and can't see any variable that seems doing that.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2271 147 307

Hi @PeteLes,

Nick here from Shopify. Really great question!

I looked into this for you and asked our theme support team about it who would know best. This is something which is not possible to do at least right now, it wouldn't even be possible with assistance from a Shopify Expert.  You would only have access to the customer names, not the employee names (in the Liquid variables). You could access staff names for a draft order but not POS. 

I will, however, submit this as a feature request for you as I can see how this would benefit you in understanding who completed what order on your team during a shift, throughout a workday. 

Hope that helps clear that up for you! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
16 0 5

Thanks @Nick .

This would be a "nice to have" feature, since we are using the POS receipt to tell the clients :

"You have been served by : [the employee name here]. How was the quality of my service? Please give us 5 stars on Google or take 5-min survey to get 10$ OFF on your next order"

Has you might think, we use each interaction with the customer as an incentive to speed more on our shop. Having the employee name makes the relationship more personal ;-)

Thank you for putting this as a feature request. By the way, is there place to see what are all of the feature request and their priorities?

Many thanks again.

www.boutique-lollipop.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2271 147 307

No problem @PeteLes, hope it helped explain and make this clear for you. 

I completely understand how this feature would be nice to have especially with your example and how it would make the customer and employee experience more personal. 

Feature requests are only internal so this is something you wouldn't be able to see. 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes