Why can't I access iPad Register Reports via Admin Portal?

Shopify Partner
5 0 3

I don't understand why I cannot access my register reports from my various iPads via my main Shopify admin portal.  It is to my understanding, if I change an ipad register, update it, remove shopify pos from it in anyway, I can no longer access the data that was stored on that ipad register.  How is that possible?  Isn't all this in the 'cloud'?

I should be able to log into my Shopify Admin portal, and see which registers are online, reports for each, and most important of all, register balance (over / short).  But none of this is available remotely.  Only available from the ipad register.  So if something happens to that register, tough?  

Defeats the purpose of calling it a Point of Sale system, no?  Its just a local app for that ipad register, and nothing more.  How does that help any of us?  If I have 6 ipad registers, that means I have to log into each register to offload the info from it - register reports, open / saved orders, unpaid orders, etc.  There has to be a way to access that data remotely.

And if there is, what am I missing here?

Thanks.

2 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
208 0 9

Hello IL-Graceful, Brandon here from the Shopify Guru Team :)

The Register Shifts are actually stored locally on the iPad itself. They are not on the cloud. This is why if you uninstall the app on the iPad you won't have access to them anymore.

However all the sales data and orders are still uploaded to your Shopify Account. The only thing that isn't is the specific end of day/end of shift print out that you can do from the app. You can go into Shopify and see the orders that were made on that iPad along with all the others, and even filter out the others so you can just see the iPad orders. And, if you have multiple locations, you can filter down to the location as well. The same thing can be done in the Reports section if you have the Shopify plan or greater :)

This document helps with filtering and searching your orders.

This document goes over the sales reporting system and how to filter that too.

Hope that helps :)

You can always reach out to us on phone/email/chat as well!

0 Likes
Explorer
44 0 18

We're migrating to Shopify POS and I just discovered this issue as well.  Below is an example from our old system from their web-based dashboard.  Being able to remotely view this information as well as export shift data for our accountants to reconcile our cash drawer is very important.  This is one place I've found Shopify falling short versus our old system.

0 Likes
1 0 2

Is there any update as to when or if Shopify is going to roll something out that will allow me to finally track register reports from Admin? It's insane that this is not possible. It's a basic necessity for anyone who is managing a store from a location other than where there POS is actually situated. All the other big POS systems have the ability to track this from the admin. Please do this shopify

@Brandon22 wrote:

Hello IL-Graceful, Brandon here from the Shopify Guru Team :)

The Register Shifts are actually stored locally on the iPad itself. They are not on the cloud. This is why if you uninstall the app on the iPad you won't have access to them anymore.

However all the sales data and orders are still uploaded to your Shopify Account. The only thing that isn't is the specific end of day/end of shift print out that you can do from the app. You can go into Shopify and see the orders that were made on that iPad along with all the others, and even filter out the others so you can just see the iPad orders. And, if you have multiple locations, you can filter down to the location as well. The same thing can be done in the Reports section if you have the Shopify plan or greater :)

This document helps with filtering and searching your orders.

This document goes over the sales reporting system and how to filter that too.

Hope that helps :)

You can always reach out to us on phone/email/chat as well!

2 Likes
1 0 0

Cmon Shopify, lets make this happen. 

We need Tender Report / Float Report.  

We will have hard time managing multiple locations without this feature.

We will have hard time working out of location without this feature.

0 Likes