multiple open orders

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
17 0 1

I've been testing the POS for a client and was asked if I can open multiple orders.

For example someone is paying for something in your shop and they decide to go and get another product.

How do I put this order on hold while I carry on serving the next customer?

My client may have 12 open orders max at any time.

Thanks

David

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
17 0 1

Is there anyone using the POS in live environment who I could speak with for 5mins on the phone? UK if poss :)

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
235 0 27

Hi David,

This is great feedback. We actually don't currently support "on-hold" orders in the POS app now but we are looking into ways to do this. For now the work-around would be to just clear the cart. We tried to make it very quick to populate your cart so hopefully this is not too tedious for the time being.

By the way, we will be adding taxes that are calculated in the total our next update. I believe that will be useful for UK shops.

Thanks,

0 Likes
2 0 0

On-hold orders are a MUST for Restaurants, this is a show stopper for us. We need to create multiple orders for different tables and keep them open until the tables are finished. We can't switch to Shopify POS until this feature is added.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
17 0 1

I'm now looking to use Vend which offers this :)

0 Likes
Explorer
50 0 38

So what's the status of this? Being able to place a POS sale on hold is critical for many - most  - maybe even all businesses.  I'm stunned to discover Shopify POS does not allow this

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 4

Please Shopify add an option to place a sale on hold. This would solve a few issues we are trying to overcome before we make the switch. We are a bricks and mortar store that is in the process of setting up our online store. We would love to launch our website and switch to the POS at the same time. When I asked an expert, the response was to place a store credit on the order and store it as a lay-by. We are a busy store and customers often start asking about other products during the check out process. Most customers end up buying additional items or changing an item during the transaction. Placing the sale on hold means that you are not wasting your or the customers time by deleting work you have already started, and means if a customer calls ahead to secure an item it can be secured without any payment until the customer arrives. It is a must for us, it allows us to uphold our reputation for our customer service.

Amy

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
235 0 27

Hi Amy,

Thank you for the feedback. We are definitely looking at this feature. I will contact you once we are at the building stage as we will be looking for feedback on the user experience.

0 Likes
Explorer
50 0 38

Andrew,

Please consider me as well for feedback when you start testing this feature.  I believe it is a critical feature for brick and mortar POS.

Harold

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
235 0 27

Thanks Harold, will do. 

1 Like