staff user settings to allow use of POS mobile app on iphones?

Highlighted
1 0 0

We have been using the shopify POS app in our brick/mortar shop for the last 6 months, using an ipad on our counter.  We would now like to be able to check out 2 customers simultaneously by having one staff member using the ipad and another staff member using an iphone.  We have the ipad set up with connected card swipe unit and we also have a separate wireless card swipe unit on the back counter (it works too).  Our staff has 'limited' access vs full access to our backend, but I have given them 'app' access in addition to all product, customer and order related sections.  The problem:  None of them can use the app on their phone - getting the shopify error message 'requires full access'.  Do shopowners really have to give staff FULL access in order to acheive what we want to do here?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1137 3 82

Hi there, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

I can confirm that the store owners would need to give staff full access to be able to access the POS settings from their own credentials. Shopify has a help document on this which you can see here

A full member of staff would need to log in first which is for security and protection of the store. The store owner can also set the settings and add a staff member by PIN to give them full access, but the account owner or a full member of staff must first log in to the app before a PIN only staff member can login. Shopify has a document for this also going through all the details of this which you can see here

I hope this helps explain the why and reasoning behind this. Don't hesitate to ask any other questions or to give any other feedback about this. 

All the best, Nick

0 Likes